Skip to main content


Excellent News For People With Tps Who Have Traveled Or Will Travel Abroad In The Future With An Advance Parole (Travel Authorization)!

A recent change in the interpretation of the immigration rules now allows people with TPS (Temporary Protective Status) to obtain legal permanent residence (green card) through a family petition of an immediate US citizen family member (i.e. a petition in favor of a parent, spouse or minor child) or through an employment certification petition.

In this way, even those people who have had illegal entry or presence in the past, will be able to obtain a green card. The process can be completed within the United States without the need to obtain a special waiver or travel to the consulate abroad.

Request a consultation with our attorneys by calling 804-377-7247 to discuss the next steps to take in your particular case. It will be our pleasure to be able to assist you!